Wearing outfits with stripes can be amazing. You just show up on Instagram and tag your photos #OOTD (Outfit Of The Day).
Most women get scared of wearing outfits with stripes as they feel it can sometimes be too loud, especially if the lines are vertical or too wide apart.
But you will absolutely love it when you know how to wear them. Outfits with stripes can easily be colour blocked either by wearing black or a deep colour outfit. Depending on the color of your striped outfit, you can make it look cool and sexy.
Here are tips you need on how to wear Horizontal Outfits
- Outfit with horizontal stripes is more stylish than any stripe outfit though they can make you look fat or more figured.
- Outfits with vertical stripes make you look taller. So if you are already tall, vertical stripe outfit won’t suit you.
- Either horizontal or vertical stripes, outfits with wide stripes can look weird, though this depend on the item of clothing but thin stripes are preferable
- Learn to avoid loud colours such as Red, Yellow, Green and the likes. Contrasting patterns seems to be very popular these days but if you just love your outfits to look calm and not too loud, then you can stick to outfits with deep colours.
- Stripes can make or break an outfit, so take a chance, the worst thing you can do is look in the mirror and decide to get changed.
You don’t need to be a model to look like you’ve stepped off the runway – you just need a killer wardrobe.
Click on image to see full size
Do you know?
It’s a commonly held belief that wearing clothes with horizontal stripes will make you look fatter. However, adding horizontal stripes to shapes like rectangles makes them look thinner, a phenomenon known as the Helmholtz illusion.
Photo Credits – @romeosfashionfix